Friday, 22 February 2013

so here are the undead necromancers - these will be mages in my HOTT army.
At last, after almost a year, it's time to show what I've been busy doing. Here's a whole load more photos with all the new stuff, mostly microworld games. Watch this space, as I intend to show a parade of my entire collection tomorrow on my big table and a series of battles following that.

the undead mages with the standard bearers and drummers, with vampire paladins

orc heavy cavalry - these are the new boar riders - I had a couple of bases already

four stands of microworld's new orc archers - important not to see my orcs and goblins as just horde cannon fodder

forward view of the goblin wolf rider mobs I now have. I love wolf riders and these new microworld ones are what I have been waiting for.

the wolf riders en masse - that's why we love 6mm.

and again just for luck

the entire new dwarf army - this one was really rewarding to paint and base - I went to town on them.

close-up dwarf artillery - nice new addition to my hott armies

dwarf ram dragoons - based as riders for hott

dwarf musketeers - or should I say shooters?

the dwarf air force - these are one of two irregular miniatures parts of my dwarf army - I love the irregular flying things.

two of my favourite dwarf elements - the dwarf bear riders - based and used as knights - and the dwarf panzer regiment - using irregular miniatures 6mm WW1 British tanks, with microworld dwarf beserkers riding shotgun

more of the dwarf army, with the dwarf clerics in the foreground

on to the dread elves - sensational - really love how these turned out - these are the hero command bases, with the nasty big lizard behemoth to the left - these are superb.

my unusual concept for dread elf sneakers - inspired by a rainbow I saw while I was painting them. Look closely (sorry about the poor photos - still learning that aspect of all this) - there are two of each colour on each base, plus one grey guy in the middle, who is the real sneaker - the idea is that although visible (obviously), the sneakers work because they confuse the enemy.

commanders, behemoth and dirty sneakers

aha! microworld dread elf thralls, each base with a raptor slave driver. These will be hordes in my hott army.  
I love the way they turned out.

the whole dread elf army in view

close up of the repeating crossbow men - shooters

witch elf warbands

these are the dread elf outriders and to my own surprise, they ended up being among my favourites to paint. I love the poses of the figures, the ease with which, even by my amateurish hand, they turned out so darned well and the look of a mob of them bursting from the trees

see?

but the real jewel in the dread elf crown has to be the heavy cavalry lizard riders - I bought four packs and made a mob.

and I must say they really do impress en masse.

view from further off, with dread elf witch mages in the foreground


I love the outriders.

I also painted up four bases of valkyries - because I love cavalry and think they look really splendid too. This makes six valkyrie bases for my viking army.

Watch out tomorrow - I will have no time for a battle - but will put out the big table and display my 6mm fantasy collection en masse.

No comments:

Post a Comment